I have done some simple reupholstering projects...such as ottomans and chair seats...nothing too hard. And I think anyone can tackle these with some fabric and a staple gun.
After I stripped the chair of its ugliness, I repainted it a fresh aqua blue. I retied some springs, covered those in jute webbing, stapled the burlap back, and then covered my seat in dacron. It looks better already!
This chair project required covering the seat, making a cushion with cord around the edges, using tufting in the back, and attaching the back fabric using flexible metal tack strips. The cushion was easy to do, but it frustrated me that the medallion design was not evenly spaced across the fabric so I couldn't line up the top and bottom pieces perfectly. The tufting wasn't hard, but I still didn't manage to get all my buttons tight enough. The flexible metal tack strip that went along the top of the curved back was a little like wrestling Jaws. But it is on there!
I love how it turned out, but I can't find a home for it. It didn't go with the living room (too blue), so I moved it to my bedroom. I still think it looks a little out of place, but I'll live with it for a while before I find it the right spot.