That doesn't sound very tasty does it? A french dessert full of butterflies? Good thing I am referring to Colette Pattern's Crepe dress made up in Amy Butler's Alchemy Queen Ann's Butterflies!
I read other people's experiences with this dress and decided to take my first stab at a lining instead of dealing with the facings in the sleeves. I followed this article from Threads on how to insert a lining. Although I made a muslin, I always have a hard time determining how it should fit. It seemed large, but I thought once I got the skirt attached and made it out of a thicker fabric it would fit better. I still think the bodice is a little large, and probably could have gone down a size in the sides towards the waist. I also opted to include the facings with the lining because I thought the sweetheart neckline would need some extra support. It gave me extra support....to point of feeling a little like a linebacker in the shoulders...
The extra fabric also poofs out some in the back. I wore the dress to work last week and it didn't flap open so I'll live with it! Other than inserting my first lining, the dress went together very quickly.
And I love the butterflies!
Here are my little helpers for this project: